Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kosovo

Prishtina
June 6th 2008
This is city centre in Prishtina! It reminded me a lot of Mesa, Arizona but with a few less buildings!


Day 3 cont
I took a bus from Skopje to Phristina. It was about a 2 hour ride. The Kosovo border control was a lot easier to get through than Albania’s, since I didn’t need a visa. We just sit on the bus, and the Macedonian police come and look at all the passports to clear you to leave the country. Then you go 2 seconds to the Kosovo border and they do the same thing, except that they actually stamp the EU and USA passports. Then you are one your way. We arrived in Phristina at around 1pm. I bought my return ticket for 3:30pm, because upon arrival I saw that I wouldn’t need anymore time! I walked around, just checking the place out. It’s really poor and desalinate. There is a lot of UN activity there since they are doing a mission to re-build the country. The UN activity is really good for travelers, because it has created a safer environment in the city. The city reminded me of Mexican cities, because it’s so hot, dry, and tree-less! Like Macedonia it is really hard to find shade. Anyway on my way back to the train station I bought some lunch and water, which was cheap even though they use the Euro. I got on the bus at 3:30 and started the journey back to Skopje. The ride back to Skopje was beautiful, and interesting. You see so many houses and from a distance they look so amazing, but then when you take a closer look you see that they are half done. They don’t have windows, doors or furniture, yet people still live there. The few houses that were done, however, were pretty amazing; I would have bought them in Arizona! Needless to say you don’t need much time in Kosovo, although I have heard the night life is worth wild.


This is the type of house you would find in Arizona!!
I want it!! Makes you wonder who lives there!!


Kosovo is a 1. Right now in Kosovo there is a lot of UN activity so it is safe to travel there. The only thing is, there really aren't any sights to see! It was a good experience, but it might not be worth the trouble!

No comments: