Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Sarajevo
August 21-22nd 2008
A view from the "Turkish" side of the city!
Day 2 cont.
We arrived in Sarajevo, actually just outside the city, at 7:30pm. I was walking to a cab when a fellow traveler from Luxemburg asked me where I was staying. I told him that I had a place and that he could try and stay there too, so we shared a cab. We got to the hostel and they had room for him so we checked in. I was talking to this American Girl for like 30 minutes after arriving. My two new friends and I went out for some dinner. We walked through the city and found a bar/restaurant that was cheap so we ordered food. We talked and ate for a while then walked some more exploring the city by night. Then we went back to the hostel and watched TV for a while, then went to bed!


Day 3
I woke up around 9am and got dressed. My American friend and I went out to explore the city. We were planning on taking a 3pm bus together to Belgrade that day so we had time to kill. We were walking in no direction in particular and stumbled upon a breakfast place that served waffles! YUM, they were good, cheap and we were satisfied! So we continued to walk checking out the people and architecture while talking. Sarajevo is an interesting city. Half of the city looks like a typical Eastern European city, but the other half has mosques, markets and a lot of Turkish influence. We explored both sides of the city, talking all the while. At around 12:30pm we went back to the hostel, rested, called a cab, and then grabbed our bags heading for the bus station. At the bus station we bought our tickets and ate lunch while we waited for our departure. On the bus we slept a little until our first stop when were able to walk, use the restroom and stretch. Back on the bus they put on two movies in English and we watched them, which made the bus trip fly by! By the second movie we were already in Serbia!
Sarajevo was a 3. It was a lot bigger, cleaner and more interesting that I had anticipated!

No comments: