Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Interlaken, Switerland

Interlaken
August 15-18th 2008
The Swiss Alps are amazing.

Day 11 cont.
We arrived in Interlaken Switzerland around 2pm. I was extremely bitter because the weather was terrible. Out of all the cities and places for it to be raining, it had to be Switzerland! AHHH. Well we didn’t really know where our Bed and breakfast was so we had to take a taxi. I got out some Swiss Franc for us to use and we got into the taxi and headed for the B&B. We were a little pissed that we took the taxi because it was only a 10 min walk away from the train station. But since we had no idea where it was in the first place it didn’t matter, we had to take it. Anyway, we check in, dried off and relax a little before going to get something to eat. That task was very difficult, because everything was closed until after 4pm. So we ate at a bakery and then walked in the drizzling rain through city. My sister and I didn’t want to be out in the rain so we went back to the B&B. My dad continued to shop. Later that evening we took Nina to the hostel where she was staying since the B&B was full for the night. We dropped her off and told her that we would pick her up in the morning. We watched TV for a while before going to bed.


Day 12
As promised we met Nina at her hostel at 10am. Then we went next door to rent scooters. We rented two of them, Nina and I rode together and my dad on the other. We had so much fun riding them around. Granted I had done it a year before with my friend Brian, but it was fun showing them all my favorite places. We went to Beatenburg, around the lakes, and then to some water falls in the Alps. The four hours we had rented them for went buy really fast. We had a blast and it was great weather, a little on the chilly side, but sunny. We turned the scooters in then walked to Migros to get a cafeteria style lunch. We decided to go the movies in Bern to kill the rest of the afternoon. We went back to the B&B first to change and grab some stuff for the train. We took a 4:30 train and an hour later we were in Bern. We walked toward the movie theater and bought our tickets in advance, and then we just walked around the city and killed time until the movie started! After the movie we basically sprinted to the train station so that we could catch the next train perfectly. Back in Interlaken I stayed at the hostel this time and my sister stayed at the B&B. I got to the hostel and went to bed right away!


Day 13
After waking up at 9am, but sleeping better than I had at the B&B, I headed to the B&B to meet my sister and dad. We just hung out around the B&B for most of the day because we decided not to go to Jungfrau. It was really cold and we didn’t have the proper clothes to go up to that altitude! We did our own things, I was reading by the B&B, Nina went to the park and wrote, and lee went shopping. We all met back at the B&B when we were hungry for dinner. We had the best dinner at this hotel-restaurant than we had at any place so far on our trip. First we had cheese fondue, which wasn’t good at all, although it was suppose to be famous in Interlaken. For our main meal Nina and I split this breakfast type dish; it had potatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese and a gravy sauce all mixed together! YUM! Then for desert they had a chocolate fondue! We walked back to the B&B very satisfied after that meal. We hung out and watched TV for a while or read then went to bed.


Day 14
We woke up at the butt crack of dawn in order to catch our train. We caught our 7am train to Reutlingen, Germany! The end of our family trip!
Interlaken was a 3. I had a great time with the family, but the weather wasn't as good as last year!

No comments: