Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Life On The Road

There are 193 countries in the world, if I’ve seen half, I know enough to say where I’ve been and where I’m from; but I’ll know nothing of the Universe and what lies within. ~Ashley Reeves

“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.” ~Rosalia de Castro

“The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at least to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” ~G.K Chesterton

“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” ~ Marcel Proust

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” ~Martin Buber

“Americans who travel abroad for the first time are often shocked to discover that, despite all the progress that has been made in the last 30 years, many foreign people still speak in foreign languages” ~Dave Barry

1 comment:

Stacy Ash said...

Ashley,
You know I collect quotes, and I am going to collect your quote it is fabulous. I love the woman you have become your family must be so proud.