Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Spain


Madrid

March 28-29



During this trip my sister and I went to Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Porto.

Day 1
Arrived in Madrid after a connection flight in Amsterdam. Nina (sister) met me in the airport and we took the metro to meet my friend John. We ate lunch at this little place (can't remember the name) by John's work. Then headed back to John's were I took a nap and watched bad Spanish Television!

Day 2
My sister and I woke up early and walked around Madrid for most of the morning into the afternoon. We went to: Mueso Del Prado, Parque Del Retrio, and Real Jardin Botanico. We ate in the Parque, Nina played the instruments with locals and we walked back home. It was really nice weather.



Barcelona
April 2-4th

Right before I went to Barcelona I read The Shadow of the Wind, and I suggest you do the same!

Day 6
We work up early from our hostel in Portugal and caught a flight to Barcelona. We took a bus to our "apartment" just off La Rambla. Two German girls were living in the apartment and they rented out the room on a per night basis. It was really nice, cute. We ate at a local restaurant and then watched TV.

Day 7
We ate breakfast at the apartment and then set out for the days events. We went to: Cathedral De Barcelona, La Sagrada Familia, and all the way to the top of Tibado, to the Amusement park and Cathedral. It was amazing, the weather was kind of crappy but we still had a good time in the rain! One our way back my sister and I stop at this theater and bought tickets for a Opera y Flamanco ($30 second row!) the next night.



Day 8
This was the day I had to myself. My sister went back to pick up her laptop in Mardrid (long story). I went to: Montjuic, Passeig De Gracias and saw Casa Battlo and La Perdera. It was all so amazing. I walked down La Rambla in a feble attempt to find the Barri Gothic Quarter. It is one of those places that doesn't have a distinct sign or indication that you found it!!! But eventually I realized that I had been walking through it the whole time. Later that night we ate out, we souvenir shopping, and went to see the Opera y Flamanco. I cannot even begin to explain how amazing that was. It was memorizing, fantastic, brilliant, and absolutely worth every minute!


1 comment:

Stacy Ash said...

Ashley,
Wow I can't believe all the neat things you have seen. It looks, and sounds like you are having the time of your life. I didn't know Nina was going with you. Is she going to Germany as well? Does she have a blog page? Keep up the posts they are so much fun to read, and learn about.