Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ireland

Ireland- Jan 19-24 2007
Dublin and Wicklow


Ireland was my first "overseas" experience!! It was amazing. I went to visit a friend who was attending Dublin City University. I saw Dublin and Wicklow.

Day 1
I arrived in Dublin at 12pm, dropped my stuff off and went to dinner and met some of Jessica's friends. Early to bed early to rise!

Day 2
Woke up early and went to: St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin Castle, National Museum, and walked through Trinity College. We ate, listened to live music and walked down O'Connell Street.



Day 3 Jessica and I woke up really early to catch a bus to Wicklow. Wicklow is on the southeast side of Ireland. The bus ride was nice, only 1.5hrs, and we went through 4 or 5 small towns. We at breakfast at Hanna's and then walked around the small town. We went to the coast, toward the old castle; or whats left of it! We then took an afternoon bus back to Dublin.



Day 4
We stayed more low key around campus. Jessica had to study so she showed my around her university. We went to the Omi center for a little
shopping. I left the next morning.

Ireland was amazing. I had a wonderful time. It reminded me a lot of Boston. I give it 3 stars!

No comments: