Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Munich & Stuttgart, Germany

Stuttgart
September 6th 2007


I will have to revisit Stuttgart because we weren't there very long!!

Day 3
We woke up and took an early, train destination Paris! It was an extremely long day. We made it to Stuttgart without any problems from Munich. In Stuttgart we attempted to connect to Paris, but we did not know that we needed a reservation. The train we were going to take was sold out, so we were stuck in Stuttgart for 2 hours. So we decided to count it! We did our thing walked around, ate some bratwurst, stop at a "Walgreen's" type store for some stuff, got our postcards and headed back to the train station. Off to Paris!



I can't rate stuttgart because I wasn't there long enough!

Brian and Ashley trip: side trip! Day 3.







Munich
September 4-5th 2007


View from the Opera House on Maximilian strasse.

Day 1
I took a train from Reutlingen to Stuttgart and then on to Munich. I checked into the hostel and awaited Brian's arrival. We stayed at Wombats**** hostel which was located right next to the train station. It was an extremely nice hostel. Brian arrived at around 6:45 after being lost for 30 min, got settled and then we headed out. It was not the best start to our trip because it was raining the entire time and it actually hailed on us! But we saw some sights such as: altes Rathaus, Antikensammkungen, Neues Rathaus, and eating dinner at the Hofbrauhaus. Brian ordered a Large ass Beer, and a pretzel about the same size, and I had this bread shaped, salty hot dog tasting piece of meat with potato salad!!! I couldn't really stand being in Hofbrauhaus for too long because it was so smoky, we left and went back to our hostel, had our free drinks, and went to bed.



Day 2
We woke up at around 10am, Brian was going to go to Neuschawnstein Castle but it was raining so he gave that idea up, I couldn't go because I had an interview at 1pm. So we just walked toward the Opera House where I was due to meet for the interview for C0-op, mind you I was wearing flip flops, Capri's, and a plan green shirt!!! But the interviewer new I was backpacking so he didn't care, in fact he took me to a very nice restaurant where I had lamb. He claimed that this could possible be the best meal you have your entire trip, and he was right!!! After lunch I met up with Brian and we had planned to go to Dachau a concentration camp, but the guy said it was too late. So we walked around the English Gardens instead. We walked for about 3.5 hours and saw: Residenz, Schack Gallerie, Maximillions Brück, Hotel Vier Jareszeiten, National Museem, Siegestor, Wittelspacher, Brunnen, Frauen Kirche, and Feld Harrenhalle. After all this we were starving, so we ate at McDonald's, went to the Internet cafe, then bed!!




Munich was a 3. I liked the city but the weather was crappy which left me with a bad taste!!

Brian and Ashley trip: first stop! Day 1-2.

No comments: